Tuesday 8 March 2011

Filler

I haven't posted much these last few days because I have been busy so here is some pointless filler that explains the last few weeks of my life.

I've decided that I can't be arsed with retro game systems anymore. The NES, SNES, Master System and Mega Drive may all be classics but for the sake of everything I might as well get rid of them. So I have, in the last two weeks I have sold nearly all of it and I only have a few left overs the money is quite good and there is more to come. I won't really miss the consoles and playing the games won't be an issue because there are other ways of playing them, most classic games have been re-released in some form whether that be a compilation or download or what ever there is always a way to play most of these games. Truth is the main reason for selling was convenience, sure blowing carts may be part of the experience but making the things work can be a pain not to mention because I live in PAL territory everything is slowed down 15%. I recently played the American versions of some of my old NES and Mega Drive games and to be honest I won't be missing them because the games are much better in the NTSC 60Hz format.

Anyway all this selling has left me with more money and free space than I have ever had so what better way to spend the money than on new furniture, in the past week I have torn town wardrobes and cupboards to replace them with clothes racks and shelves and it looks much nicer. I also got a 28 inch CRT telly for a quid which is pretty nice.

I should be responsible and save all that money I made but no matter what way you look at it I still have more than I did before so I may as well spend some of it, on what I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment